Monday, September 28, 2009

Random Monday

I don't have enough to say on one topic right this second, so I'm going to post a bunch of unrelated stuff, and call it an entry!

I got tired of having to fast forward through the commercials when Joshy is watching tv (Danny Phantom is his very favorite show right now) so I taught him how to do it.  Total win on my part.  Of course, Lexie then tried to teach him where the volume button was and I threaten to lock her in the closet.  The last thing I need is for him to know how to turn it up!


I checked my gmail account for the first time in forever and found a bunch of friend requests for Facebook.  I'd forgotten I even HAD a Facebook account.  So I went and approved them, and got sucked into it, and spend wayyyy too  long trying to figure it out.  I'm obviously too old or technologically deficient for social networking.  But I am determined to figure it out so I can... what?  Catch up with people I haven't spoken to is 15 years?  Sure why not!


Do you read Emily?  She's doing a living art project.  Each week of the year, she's letting a different person (or animal!  this week it's her dog) tell her how to live her life.  It's been really interesting reading about it.  I highly recommend everyone go there and check it out.


My daughter had the flu this weekend - she missed school on Friday, but is actually back at school today.  According to the doctor, this was h1n1.  So now I'm left wondering if we just got really lucky, and yes, she did get Tamiflu, or if the media is just REALLY blowing this way out of proportion.  Now, she is fundamentally healthy, I'm sure it would be a different story for a kid with health issues, but still...

Also, there are 4 (four!) other people in this house.  If this is supposed to be so very contagious, why are none of us sick?  Now, maybe I'm counting chickens here, but according to the information I've found the incubation period for any flu is usually 2 days.  Lex got sick on Thursday, which would have meant she started being contagious on Wednesday.  She hasn't had a fever since Saturday morning, so is no longer contagious.  We didn't quarantine her, she actually spent most of her sickest hours in my lap - but so far so good on everyone else.  I'm just not impressed with the scariness of this big bad flu.  Of course, now that I've said that we'll all come down with it, right? :)

Okay, I think I'm out of things to blather about for the moment.  And there's chocolate cake in the fridge calling my name...

3 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahaha! I love random posts. Seriously, they're my favorite!

manda said...

GAH! Facebook is the bane of my existence. Want to know why? My mom spends all of her free time playing Farmville and Pet Society and she keeps sending me crap! I don't know why, though, I never log on and I never play! Finally I just gave up, gave her my log in and told her to have at it. Now she plays as herself ans as me, it's like she has a split personality. What a nutter, huh?

Jennifer said...

lol, as long as she's happy with it! I'm just figuring out how to respond to comments over there - now you're telling me I'm going to have to learn how to play GAMES? I'm never going to get it!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online