Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Meme

Eggnog or hot chocolate? hot chocolate, but I only drink it maybe once a year.

Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree? unwrapped. 

Colored lights on a tree or white? Colored.  White are boring. 

Do you hang mistletoe? No.

When do you put your decorations up? We try to get the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving, and the rest of the decorations shortly thereafter.  It doesn't always work that way, but that's what we aim for.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Stuffing. 

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The kids do.  New pajamas, so they have something cute and Mommy approved to wear for the inevitable Christmas morning pictures.  This year I bought them matching jammies :)

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Colored lights, lots and lots of them.  Usually garland, but not this year because we have kittens.  Then a complete mishmash of homemade, plastic, and glass ornaments put wherever the kids happen to stick them, and rearranged as the month goes on when the cats get into them.  It's not a fancy tree at all, but it's a very family friendly tree and I love it.

Snow: love it or hate it? It's really pretty falling, and looks really pretty on the grass and trees, but it makes travel in this state a NIGHTMARE.  We are just not a state who knows how to deal with snow.

Can you ice skate? I have enough trouble walking.  Ice skating would be well beyond me.

What is your favorite holiday dessert? Too many to choose from!  I'm a sugar junkie.

What is your favorite holiday tradition? reading 'Ts the Night Before Christmas with the kids on Christmas Eve.  It's one of the few I remember fondly from my childhood.

Candy canes: yum or yuck?  They look good on a tree.  And I like peppermint.  But I'm not a big candy cane fan, really.


Favorite Christmas show? A Christmas Story.  TBS is my friend, with their 24 hours straight of it.

3 comments:

won said...

Your dessert answer made me chuckle!

Erin said...

So many Christmas eve's spent watching the christmas story marathon! Merry Christmas Jen!

Nap Mom said...

I told my husband that I want to do matching pajamas next year and he looked at me and said, "That is a TERRIBLE idea." So, I guess it will just be the kids.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online