Monday, December 21, 2009

Random Thoughts

I'm starting to think I may not actually make Holidailies.  I just have no desire to sit at the computer right now.  Too many other things I could be doing.  Today I have deep cleaned my kitchen, made 2 batches of fudge, and a double batch of fruitcake cookies (which turned out to be a good thing, since they are apparently finicky little cookies that burn at the exact same time you cooked the last sheet at! so I lost 4 dozen.), did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned part of one bathroom (S cleaned the other part, and the other bathrooms, thank you Love!), and other assorted things.  I just can't sit down.

Our kitty is missing.  She's always been a bit of a rambler, so it took a good 24 hours for it to dawn on us - hey, has anyone seen Penelope?  But it's been 5 days now, and she's still gone.  I called the pound, and they haven't seen her.  We're beginning to think she's not coming home.  I hope we're wrong.  We were having an issue with one of the cats (we have 4) using the bathmat as a litter box, but couldn't figure out which one.  I thought it was one of the kittens, mad because we'd allowed them garage access, and then taken it away.  I just kept the floor bare, because then it wasn't an issue.  Lexie put a towel on the floor the other night, and I left it, just to see what happened.  It stayed clean.  I mentioned it to S, who put 2 and 2 together and realized that it very well could have been Penelope messing on the rug trying to tell us something was wrong, since it only stayed clean after she was gone.  That thought hadn't even dawned on me, I was still thinking kitten - we'd given them back garage access through the cat door.  But if that's the case, then she won't be coming home.  And I feel really really guilty.

On to a less morbid thought - (and one that makes me feel like slightly less of a heartless monster) Damn, I can't think of one.  Oh, I know.  I just reread the Twilight series and I'm still irritated with Stefanie Meyer for the last half of Breaking Dawn.  She does such a good job throughout the rest of the series of creating this whole world and really sucking you in, until then.  It so obvious that she was rushing to finish, and she switched her writing style from show to tell.  She can make it up to me by writing another book telling me all about Jacob's life.  :) Yeah, I was team Jacob from the second book on.  And the movie just solidified that, although I do feel like a complete perv finding a 17 year old boy attractive.  My daughter is a complete and utter Edward fan, so we are a house divided.  Luckily I'm older and therefore I win.  Or can at least send her to her room to watch the movie so I don't have to.  The movie version of Twilight sucked.  New Moon was much better.  And not just because of Jacob :)

My FIL just called.  He and my MIL (who are divorced, but very close still.  Strangely functional dysfunction in that family) are traveling this way and just stopped for the night.  They have 8 hours or less drive time left, which should put them here mid-afternoon tomorrow.  I'll be glad to see them, as will S.  The kids, Lexie especially, are very excited.  It's the first Christmas we will have had with them since 2001.  I'm looking forward to it.

Okay, I'm sure I've babbled more than enough.  I will try to post through this week, but at this point I make no promises. 

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online