Thursday, November 26, 2009

26 - Giving Thanks

Today, it's traditional in America to give thanks.  I have so very very much to be thankful for.

My husband.  Who loves me in spite of myself.  He is always there for me, always supportive.

My children.  They may drive me batty sometimes but they make life worth living. They are my heart.

My home.  I know how blessed I am to have a warm, safe house with plenty of space for us and all of our assorted crap.

My health and the health of my family.

Kitties who snuggle and purr and wake me up kneading on my head at night.  Although I could do without the kneading on my head part.

The smell of the ham cooking in the oven right now, and the anticipation of sitting down to share a good meal with the people I love most soon.

The knowledge that my children have never known true hunger. 

The women I have met through this blog, the now defunct OHiH and SIP who are so wonderfully supportive and caring.  Thank you all for being there for me!  I hope you are all having a wonderful Thanksgiving yourselves.

5 comments:

Suze said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love kitties too! And I totally agree about my children....they are my heart!

Sadly my children knew real hunger as babies/toddlers in their home country, but now they know hunger no more. Ending world huger is my passion.

Happy to have met you at ohih/sip and hoping that you have had a peaceful day enjoying your family and some really good food!

Erin said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jen! I am glad I have gotten to know you too. I woke up with a kitty on my pillow, chewing on my hair. Wouldn't have it any other way! Hope your day was great! :)

won said...

Hope your day was a happy one!

Heather said...

great list! i heart kitties too! nothing much better than their purrs and paws...

hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Josh and Rya said...

I admire you for doing the daily posts in November!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online