Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 5

I'm going to try something new today.  It's a photo project called FOAM.  It originated here with a woman named Betsy, but I found it through Nance at Dysfunction Junction.  Now, standard disclaimer - I am so not a photographer.  But I'm trying to get better!

FOAM stands for Food, Outside, Abstract, Myself.  I had the hardest time with the myself portion, and ended up cheating, and using a picture that is a couple weeks old.  I promise next time to use a new one!  But anyway - here is my first attempt.
(oh and in case you didn't know - you can always click the pictures here to get a full size version!)





My food is cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds.  They didn't turn out the way I thought they would.  They're sticky!

Outside is one of three white roses still blooming in my backyard.  Obviously they haven't gotten the memo that it's November!

Abstract is the pattern in the glass on my front door.

And myself - well, like I said, I cheated.  It's a picture of Joshua and I playing on the floor.  But it's one of the few pictures of me that I like!

Other than this, not a whole lot going on here today, getting paperwork and emails sent to get things scheduled and worked on for the big kids.  Playing with Joshua, and diligently trying to ignore this weird Bakugans thing he's watching, again.  Lexie has Girl Scouts tonight.  I really need to mop the kitchen... anyone want to come do that for me?  I'll pay you in leftover Halloween candy!

6 comments:

S said...

I love that pic of you and Woo. Both of you look so happy. He may be a Daddy's (my) Boy, but he sure does love his mom :)

justjaime31 said...

Oh this is a great idea!!! Im going to snag this idea when i run out of ideas ;-)

Love the pics!!!

Lisa said...

Love the pictures and love having a face to put with the name. :-)

Erin said...

My pumpkin seeds didn't turn out the way I wanted them either :(. Great pictures though!

Jennifer said...

Actually after they cooled, they have a distinctly cinnamon candy flavor. Of course, Lexie, who asked for them, hates them. Picky little thing!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I like this FOAM project and want to keep doing it.

Shana said...

I love the pic of you & Joshua!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online