Friday, November 27, 2009

27

Well heck.  I was going to surprise Lexie with a trip to the theater to see New Moon, since she is a Twilight freak, but it's sold out all weekend.  Guess I should have expected that, huh?  Good thing I was keeping it a surprise, so I don't have a disappointed little girl here.  Maybe next weekend will be slower.

Our Thanksgiving was good.  Lowkey, and calm.  The ham was yummy, and Christopher even TRIED A BITE!!  This is such a huge deal.  He eats hamburgers, peanut butter sandwiches, chicken nuggets, pizza, and cheese quesadillas for lunch and dinner.  That's it.  I was beyond thrilled.  He ate the first bite, went back for a second, but had a hard time with that one.  I asked him if he was done with the ham, and he said yes and spit it on his plate.  I don't care.  He TRIED a new food!  Willingly!  Go Bubby!

I also finished my Christmas shopping yesterday.  Oh, okay.  Almost finished.  I still have my secret santa to buy for (for the record - if you read this secret person - you are HARD to buy for!) and I have to finish the calendars I make for the grandparents every year and order those.  But otherwise, I. am. done.!

So when does everyone do the Christmas tree thing?  Usually we do it this weekend, but I realized today that neither S or I has mentioned it.  I'm having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit this year, and have very little interest in the whole tree and decorating rigmarole.  I'd have no problems waiting a few more weeks before getting into all that, but then I feel guilty, knowing the kids love it.  Either way, I don't think it's happening today, that's for sure!

Okay, there's a pecan pie out there calling my name.  Only 3 more posts to go!!  I hope everyone had a fantastic day yesterday, and a great weekend coming up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We put our tree up last night, because I was itching to. Normally it goes up the day after Thanksgiving, though.

I'm sorry that New Moon was sold out. I'd pre-ordered my tickets for the 21st back in October for just that reason! Your daughter won't be disappointed, though, I promise! It's great!

Happy ICLW!

Kristin said...

We usually don't put our tree up before about December 10th because we leave our tree up through epiphany.

Mya said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. This is the first time in the last 6 years that we'll be putting up a tree. I'm so excited I'm sure it'll be done before the end of the weekend!

Suze said...

We are putting our tree up tonight! Traditionally it goes up TG weekend and stays up through
epiphany. Its artificial but we love seeing the lights and the ornaments so no problem with it being up so long! We have Christmas music playing and the girls are all talking about the different ornaments....they get a new one to hang each year that they will take with them when they are older and have their own homes and trees. We also hang ornaments that were mine when I was little and some from my mother's tree (she passed on in 2003) and even some from her mother, my GMom. Its a tradition I cherish and now the girls love it too.

Sorry the movie tickets were sold out, hope you are able to get in to see it soon.

You are in my thoughts today . Be gentle with yourself and just enjoy the peace of being home with the ones you love. That is the best!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online